Blue Raster is pleased to announce the debut of the Population HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Project website.
The PHIA Project, led by ICAP at Columbia University in partnership with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), collects HIV information in sub-Saharan African countries through interviews and in-home HIV testing.
In 2014, UNAIDS set treatment goals for 2020:
- 90% of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status
- 90% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection will receive sustained antiretroviral therapy
- 90% of all people receiving antiretroviral therapy will have viral suppression.
Blue Raster supports these goals through:
- building the WordPress powered PHIA website
- creating charts, maps and graphs for PHIA Factsheets
- launching the PHIA Data site in the coming months (a CKAN based dataset visualization and download tool)
“We’re glad to have the PHIA website up and running thanks to Blue Raster. We look forward to expanding this resource for HIV data as our project continues.” -Lory Frenkel, Communications Officer, PHIA Project