Penn State Graduates Stephen Ansari (Earth Science, 1998) and Chris Gabris (Geography, 2009) are proud to share a Blue Raster Story about GIS helping reduce illegal fires in Indonesia and aiding the world’s commitment to sustainable and responsible supply chains for consumer goods.
This video will weave together the perils of illegal fires, the growing demand for palm oil and global deforestation with a GIS success story about using remote sensing, high-resolution imagery, satellites that can detect fires, text-message alert systems and presidential decision rooms.
The world is watching and change is happening.
View the Penn State GIS Day presentation at: ArcG.IS/2fksZxK
Information on Penn State’s GIS Day can be found at: sites.psu.edu/gisday
See GFW Fires in action at: fires.globalforestwatch.org/
Enjoy this Background Video about the project:
- Estimating Community GHG Emissions from Land Use Change
- Emerging Hot Spots and Tracking Global Forest Loss: A New Chapter in GIS for Science
- A Look at the Ohio River: Past, Present, and Future
- Global Forest Watch Fires: New Fire Monitoring Capabilities
- GFW Pro: Managing Deforestation Risk in Commodity Supply Chains