The Washington D.C. Economic Partnership (WDCEP) attracts new organizations to the D.C. area by assessing the needs of potential businesses, and then matching those needs to suitable locations within the city. WDCEP then demonstrates site suitability by presenting demographics, neighboring businesses, economic trends, pending constructions and space availability. To organize and present all of this data, Blue Raster transformed WDCEP’s retail and construction data into maps and visualizations, and combined it with DC GIS Open Data. Using the Google Earth platform, this information paints a compelling picture of where and why businesses will flourish in D.C.
With Blue Raster’s help, WDCEP can now provide insightful, layered stories on demand, leading to informed decisions by potential businesses considering a move to the D.C. area.
“WDCEP’s core mission is to actively position, promote, and facilitate economic development and business opportunities in Washington, DC. Blue Raster helped us build a platform that gave us fast access to current data and simplified the telling of DC’s story to local, national and international audiences.”
– Chad Shuskey, Senior Vice President of Research and Real Estate, Washington DC Economic Partnership
- ArcGIS Hub: Grow Your Local Economy
- 3D Zoning in Washington D.C.
- Maret School: Exploring Inequality through GIS
- Building Bridges to Progress: The Inter-American Development Bank’s HIT Platform for Infrastructure and Transport
- Track Industrial Spaces in the Mekong Region with the Updated Mekong Infrastructure Tracker